Self-portrait Poster


For my self-portrait poster, I decided to go for a pop-art type of feel. I started with the pen tool and traced my picture. I kept the shapes and colors realistic at first but eventually decided to pick a more abstract palette. The features and shading on my face were inspired heavily by the pop-art style. For the background, I decided to make it yellow so blue me didn't blend into the wall. I added a lyric from Jessie J's song "Who You Are" behind me in the bricks of the wall to make it a poster. I chose that lyric because it has been stuck in my head all week. I struggled heavily with the shape of my eyes and eyelashes and although I think they are slightly creepy, they look much better than what I started with. I spent about three hours on this project. 

Comments

Popular Posts