Turning into a Puppet

For this project, I used Photoshop to become a puppet. I started with a picture that I had taken a few days prior. First, I masked myself out of the background I was in front of. Then, I used puppet warp to try to move my arms and legs as much as possible. My right arm ended up in a completely different position and my legs became cross. I masked out parts of my arms and legs to add wooden pegs to make it seems like my frame is made of wood. I reduced the saturation on the picture, smoothed my face and made my eyes bigger. I then attached strings to my head and limbs. I picked a background with a light source that would make sense with the light that is on the side of my face. I think the window makes it look realistic. I decided to put myself in a workshop to make it seem like I'm still a work in progress (which explains why I have no hands). Finally, I added my tag brush to the wooden beam that holds me up.

Comments

Popular Posts